Thursday, August 5, 2010

Catch up

Well, I got behind. Allen came to visit the last weekend in July. Satoko didn't like him gone, but it was good to see him again. Our church meetings are in the afternoon, so we skipped church and went down to see him. Sam was still in town so we were able to spend more time with him, Emily and Abby. I visited Mom while I was there. Wow! just not the same. I don't think I really want to remember her like this. Hyrum left this week for boot camp- he is going into "military intelligence" - one of my father's favorite oxymorons. So I actually said good by to all of my brothers that day. I am excited for Hyrum; this should be a great experience for him. I will miss him, Tawni, and the girls though.

And I started my first class. Actually it is kind of an orientation, get-use-to-being-back-at-school sort of class. I think I could actually go through this school pretty quickly since it is so self paced. But right now I am leaning towards going slowly and casually. It will lengthen out the pain, but that pain won't be as intense for me or my family. We will see how it goes. I can always sign up for more classes if I have time during the term, but if I sign up for too many and can't finish, I will have a "not passed" on my transcript. This would be equivalent to failing the class one term, but passing it in the next. So I will opt for the cautious route, especially with Mom's cancer. I have an appointment with my mentor latter today to schedule my classes for the term. I like to have things planned out; I feel more secure that way. Yet, at the same time, I don't like being stuck to schedules. I am so confusing to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment