Well, I am almost finished with my 2nd class (not counting the 2 week introductory class) with Western Governors University. So far I am really liking it. My first class was a communications, public speaking class. I needed to do research on a topic of my choice and prepare a 5 minute presentation. Once the outline was approved, I taped the presentation and submitted the file. As soon as I was done with that one, I could move on the class #2.
My second class is a Health Wellness and Fitness class. This course has an objective assessment instead of the performance assessment like the oral presentation. As soon as I felt ready I took the pre-assessment. I passed that so now I am ready for the real test.
My next one will be a US constitution and government class. I did a study on that on my own two years ago. So this should just be a review. Seems almost a waste to by the $50 dollar book for the course when I already have the resources at home (just not in the order of the class) especially when I would only need it for about 3 weeks. (It's only a 1 credit class). Oh well.
But it is going well. I meet with my "mentor" by phone weekly for the first term and the less often after that. But he is a decent fellow and I enjoy talking with him.
My new projected graduation date is May of 2013. I could do it quicker if I really wanted to, but I think I like the casual pace. I can spend more time with my children and their education. It drags out the pain, but the pain is not as intense.
No comments:
Post a Comment