Thursday, December 30, 2010

Holidays

We are having a wonderful holiday season. My friend put together a 24 days of Christmas Devotional with songs and stories for each day of December leading up to Christmas. We weren't as faithful in reading them every night as I had hoped, but I did like what we did. That, in addition to reading"The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" that we got from cousins, we were able to keep the feeling of Christmas pretty well. On Christmas Eve we were invited to a potluckish dinner at a friend's house. We ate, enjoyed company, and read from Luke chapter 2.

I have been purging lately, so I didn't want to just fill up the house with things this year for Christmas. The kids got a lot of needed clothing and one or two special toys. They have been playing chess on the computer lately so they received a real chess game so that they didn't have to stare at the screen as much. Steven has been asking for a pan flute for months and he finally got one. A family in the ward holds an annual Christmas fireside/concert at their homes. Steven and I decided that next year we will do a Christmas duet so he can perform on his pan flute. He has been practicing every day since he got his flute.

Dad, Sage, and Hyrum came up for Christmas Day. We ate good food, Skyped with family far away, and watched A Christmas Carol. A fun and peaceful day.

Steven is now a Tenderfoot in scouts, he is only one camp out away from becoming a Second Class too.

No comments:

Post a Comment