Sunday, January 30, 2011

Making Myself Heard

I have to laugh at myself. I finally convince myself that no one is really paying attention to this blog. After all, my dear brother still doesn't read it even if I do put pictures on. (at one point he said that if I did, he would pay more attention) And it was intended to keep family up to date on what we were doing. So no one is reading it, fine. I'll talk to myself. Then I start this website. No problem, no one is really going to pay attention to that either. Especially since I won't be able to spend tons of time on it until this degree of mine is finished. And then I find out that several people are actually reading it and sharing it with others. Now I panic. YIKES. Now that I have exposed myself they will more likely be able to judge me and maybe not like me. I'm so wishy washy. What was the point, if not to share? Oh, but what if someone actually thinks I'm an expert or something crazy like that?!?

I think I pretty much have the website together for now. I am not thrilled with google sites. It is great for what it was intended for: small group collaborations, but it is limited on functionality. I think I will live with it for now though. When I start projects like this I tend to hyper focus. My children have not received the attention they need and I can tell. Basically because I am more testy and not at patient as I should be. I need to put this away and get back to them.
I still need to finalize my lending policies for the lending library and decide how to formally open the business. The library could be a non-profit, but I also want to be able to offer the annual testing services that WA requires for its homeschoolers. (after I earn my degree, of course.) I don't think that part can be a non-profit. I still need to investigate that part.

For now, back to school and business as usual. We can get back into a groove and... wait, that won't happen either. We start swimming lessons this week. That will totally mess up our rhythms. Oh well, there is always something.

2 comments:

  1. I'll try to comment more to let you know that I read it. Satoko has the problem that when she links new blog entries on facebook, everyone comments there rather than on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok, you don't have to unless you really want to. (At least I know I have one sibling that is listening ;-) The problem is all me in my head anyway.
    love you

    ReplyDelete