Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sick babies are NO fun! & I have a real attitude problem

Well, I suppose I should have expected it. I am the nursery leader at church after all. He has been in the nursery with us since he was a month old. The problem now is that he is mobile. So now all the germy toys are accessible. So do I hold him the whole time and keep him from playing? Not practical or even nice. Or do I banish him and Jonny to the hall? I really do like Jonny's help before he has to run off to Priesthood meeting. But something has to change. I don't want to have a sick baby every week until he gets over the oral exploring stage.

Apparently having a nice school break for Christmas and having two weeks of no school work at the close of my last term was not good for my motivational levels. I liked it too much and now I am having a hard time getting back into it. Well that, and they stick me with two huge papers/projects right at the start. Then my mentor says something about 2 tasks a week until May, the early deadline for student teaching next. Yikes, 2 a week? I have been doing 1 maybe 1 1/2 so far, but not 2. If I didn't have anything else to do, sure!! But I don't have 3-4 hours a day to spend on school. Well, I'll do the best I can. Then there is always the What-am-I-going-to-do-with-my-children-during-student-teaching question. I need to adopt a grandma: One who doesn't mind FIVE children.

Ya know, it is actually rather interesting that I am deciding not to push too hard "after all, family is a higher priority" and then Joshua gets sick. As if to punctuate it all.

Well, either way, the time will come when it will all be behind me. I will have my BA and I will NEVER HAVE TO DO THAT AGAIN. I will be able to look back and see the good it has accomplished and the beauty of the timing of it all. Enough of this pity party!

1 comment:

  1. we've had sick ones here too for 2 weeks. It's funny how one sick person changes the dynamics of the house.
    Just breathe, you'll manage, and if you don't, you'll repeat a class, everyone does it.

    ReplyDelete