Sunday, January 27, 2013

quick hello

OK, an update.
I have finished the first three of 12 weeks of student teaching.  I am with a second grade classroom with a really good teacher at a school across town (about 8 minutes away).  I am loving it.  It is exhausting, but I love teaching.  I can already tell that it is going to be hard to leave these kids in another 9 weeks.

My clinical supervisor, the man who comes in six times to observe and grade me, said that with his teaching and 30 years as a principal, I exceeded all his expectations for a student teacher.  I was pleased, but I do think it helps to have taught Primary, Sunday School, Young Women's, and Relief Society for so many years.  I do feel much more prepared now than I would have 20 years ago.  OH, I cringe at that thought.  I was SO shy and unsure of myself, its just painful.  I really don't think I am the same person I was then.  (I know...DUHH!).

Jonny has taken over many things for me such as laundry (probably out of necessity, but hey: I'm grateful).  The kids are doing well.  Friend, Lori is watching them.  I will love her forever.  She was an answer to 5 years of prayer.  I never expected to find someone who would thank me for letting her watch my 5 children.

Isaac started back at school this semester.  He is happy and enjoying it. He is receiving speech and occupational therapy again.  They managed to create an individual schedule just for him.  I have yet to get any feedback as to how it is working; I'll have to do some emailing this week.  I've met with everyone on his team, but since I happen to have the same working hours that they do (go figure), I can''t make my presence known as well as I would like. They might be surprised when I start showing up all the time come April.  (heeheehee!)

Now to just stay healthy.  The neighboring 2nd grade class ended their day on Friday with a whopping 7 students.  The rest of the class either didn't come in or were sent home with the flu.  We lost 2 after lunch, but nothing like that class.  The district sent out a letter asking everyone to keep sick kids home.

Well, that's what I'm up to.  Not much time to think outside of lesson plans, but the days are getting longer and spring is just around the corner.  With that corner comes the close of a very difficult chapter.  I'm not quite ready to be excited for the next one, this one is still too big, but the climax is very much in site.  In fact I had better get busy before the climax hits me on the backside.

♥♥♥♥♥


2 comments:

  1. Hooray!! You're gonna be great! That's funny that only 3 of us read this. ;)

    ReplyDelete