Monday, April 7, 2014

New Beginnings New Opportunities

Spring
After being overwhelmed for so long, I have been very careful to not over commit myself.  We have made some good changes this school year and the kids have taken a lot more responsibility in becoming more independent learners.  This has freed my time considerably.  I have even seriously considered bringing Isaac back home again next year for school.  I have felt for some time that it was the right thing to do, but I have been hesitant to jump on it simply because I want to make sure it is the right thing for him and not just what I want.  But I feel I can devote the time he needs now more than I could have earlier.

I have also started to think about the possibility of working part time.  Steven starts College Plus in the Fall of 2015, and we are going to need some money to make that happen.  I decided to seriously consider teaching a class or two for our parent-partnership-program and maybe take on some tutoring.  Then out of the blue, I received an invitation to "like" a new friend's business.  (I met her a couple of weeks ago in a carpool to a GreenSmoothieGirl event.)  Her business? Tutoring.  I asked her if she might be in need of a K-8 teacher on her tutoring list.  Not only was she interested, she asked if I might want to do some summer reading workshops.  The more I thought about that, the more excited I became.

Well, after all my care in not becoming too overly committed, spring has begun, the sun has come out, the weather is warmer, and I suddenly feel as though I can handle it all.

Amazing what a little Vitamin D can do.  I am increasingly convinced of the inseparable connection between hormone balance, emotional well-being, and life perspectives.  But that is a topic for another day.

Well, in my excitement and planning, I am enjoying spring.  I am redoing my blogs in the optimistic notion that they will be read.  (Like I have said before, I should really just call both of you and save time. :-) ).





1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a brilliant idea that could really work well to suppliment your kid's education and give you valued work experience! Do you have any full spectrum bulbs in thehouse? That helped me a ton with my wonter funk. Love you!

    ReplyDelete