Well, after the blow of missing out on the mini farm, I finally mustered the motivation to look for something inferior. I did find a couple of potential homes: all smaller than I would like and much more expensive. We settled for a nice 3 bedroom home on the north end of Oak Harbor just south of Deception Pass State Park. We can hear the naval planes fly by, but they are not overwhelming. One area was just so loud, I couldn't hear myself think; it was really close to the base. As I was wandering around the neighborhood, a man asked if I was lost. I told him what I was doing, and he said, "Oh, this is a terrible place to live." He then proceeded to tell me the schedule of the naval plane activity and how they practice their touch downs right at dinner time etc. He did say it would be nice to have a family with kids next door, but he wouldn't live there if he wasn't old and use to it. I thanked him, took his advice and kept looking.
We will have to do some creative arranging in this new house so that we don't get crowded and cluttered. With the mini farm we would have had no issues with space and storage. Can you tell, I'm not quite over it?
We are waiting for the credit check to go through, and hopefully they will say we can have it. I haven't had to formally rent since our first apartment 15 years ago. We have lived with family several times, but not had to go through all this formal stuff. I had forgotten all about credit checks. Well cross your fingers (or press your thumbs for you German dwellers) for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment