We have been functioning on minimal maintenance (if even that) since Joshua arrived. Next week I want to get back to our work zones and do a deeper cleaning each day. I use to think that I had to do one zone a week because that is what was always recommended. This was because they were always trying to tell me "this is all you have to do today so you can do it." Instead, I will work on a zone until it is finished and then move on to the next zone whether it takes 2 days or 2 weeks. What was happening was I was finishing early and then getting a break. This is not good if I am trying to create a habit. The idea is to get into the habit of consistently working through them.
Zone 1 Laundry Room / Garage, Playroom and Outside
Zone 2 Bathrooms and Bedrooms
Zone 3 Kitchen and Dining Room
Zone 4 Living Room and Desk
It is good to have a smaller house!
Now Daniel likes to use the chore cards. Steven prefers a simple list. I wonder if I can accommodate both of their preferences without doing too much myself.
The other trick is working in our rhythm. (Of course the flow of the day is often determined by the level of successfulness of the bed time routine from the night before.) I want to include:
Clean bedrooms
Breakfast
Scriptures
Chores
With feeding Joshua and pumping somewhere in the mix. This is what is messing up the flow.
By this time, they usually need a good break. Now during the school year, this would all happen before we begin school for the day. If we are slow then school doesn't start until almost lunch time.
I need to figure out when I will do my own studying too. I would like to do as much before they wake up as possible, (without starting the day out too late) and then have an hour or two in the afternoon when I have uninterrupted time. (Yeah right, with Joshua?!?)
Be prayerful. Take it one day at a time. Create a victory list.
I think I need someone to report to; someone who will keep me accountable, not to perfection, but to progression.
I think your organization will get you through. Like you said, one day at a time. But it sounds like you've got all the right planning! (and who cares about "perfection" anyway?)
ReplyDelete