Life is a very fascinating journey. Our trials, our joys, our growth or lack of it, and how we leave it. Especially curious are the ones who leave this life at a young age. Illness is a difficult trial to deal with. But the sudden ones get to me.
Ten years ago, I lost Tiffany, my best friend from high school, to a car accident. She was 26.
About 5 years ago a newly married young woman from my church ward simply died in her sleep. She was 7 months pregnant with their first child. They were buried together.
Two days ago, a young man Jonny grew up with from Lakeside, Hans Hansen, was killed in a work accident. His wife is pregnant with their second child. They were in our ward when we lived there. I knew them, but not very well.
These are the deaths that I most often ask, "Why?" Why so young? Why at this point? What about those left behind? I do believe there is a plan and a reason; I believe that good will come from all of this. But I am curious why someones earthly missions might be so short. What will they do now?
What of Hans's wife? She was born in Russia and adopted by an American family. Now in her twenties, she looses her husband. Wow! I hope she and her children will be OK.
No comments:
Post a Comment