Thursday, September 1, 2011

Endurance and Perseverance

It has been a long time since I have been close enough, yet outside enough of something to watch the Adversary fight so strongly against it. I told you about my friend Donna's new websites and that I was going to do some editing. I am amazed at the fight this has been. Everything that can go wrong technically has gone wrong. Huge, multiple computer viruses, modems, routers, connections, hardware, software and everything in between has been breaking and failing. There were several people like me who were doing content proofing. One came down with kidney attacks, another fibromyalgia, another was told she had to move. I even came down with some sort of walking pneumonia. Fortunately, it was mild, but it still knocked me out for a while and I still have a bad cough. She has had family members helping her who got sick or had their babies get sick. Today was the scheduled launch, yet with hurricane Irene last weekend, her server was down. They are only now able to upload content to the sites. She will not be able to launch the site until next week.

It was already a push to get these up. Many areas have already started their school year, so those aspects of the sites related to schooling will be too late for some; at least for this year. There are always those who mid year decide to do a course change and this will be available for them. Of course the aspects not directly related to school will be there, but the impact for this year has rather effectively been hampered.

I knew this was important and has the potential to affect generations for good, but watching this fight has only added to my testimony that this is so important and essential for our time. I am going to continue to help where I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment