Eight and a half years ago, my high school best friend, Tiffany, was killed in a car accident. I still miss her. I have kept in touch with her parents, especially her mother Nancy. Nancy was so sweet and supportive of me and so tolerant and understanding of my wiggly boys. She seemed to appreciate my keeping in touch with her. She would always ask how I and my siblings were doing. Nancy and Tiffany have been on my mind a lot in the past week or so.
Tonight I received an email from Tiffany’s father, Art, letting me know that Nancy had died on May 24 after a fall. Tonight, he was going through her e-mail to see if there was anyone he hadn’t told yet and found me. I will miss her too. Maybe that is why I have been thinking about her; somehow I sensed that something was different.
No comments:
Post a Comment