Well, we started school this week. It actually went pretty well for a first week. Yes there were a few moments when I was questioning my sanity. (My school, homeschooling, AND getting ready to move?!?!?) This is the first year that I will have 3 school age kids. I have have tried to make it really simple this year, it will still take some gelling time to get the rhythms down.
Isaac is reading much better than I thought he was. He must have been practicing behind my back. Now as soon as HE realizes that he can reading, he might just take off.
Daniel is loving anything that looks like school. He loves to play the number games and phonics games I have. He just went to town with his handwriting book. I noticed that his fine motor skills are much stronger than last June.
Steven is having a slower start. He is preferring to listen to me read to him instead of pulling out his stuff again, but it will come. It is just getting used to the routine.
After reading scriptures at the beginning of the day, Rebecca had to have her turn. I had been pointing and reading phrases and having one of the boys read with me or repeat. Rebecca insisted she needed to read too. So she plopped herself down, started pointing with her finger and did her part too. It was great!
I do like having my guys with me. I love being able to see the light go on in there heads when they finally get something. I love having the deep philosophical discussions we would never have time for if they were gone all day. I even have a little more time for my school, since they play with Rebecca. If they were gone, I would be her only entertainment. Things do not always go perfectly, but I like the spirit of my home when we can all work, play, and learn together.
No comments:
Post a Comment