Tuesday, September 29, 2009

To Good to Be True

We found the perfect place. A 4 bedroom, 9 acre mini farm. It is only 2 minutes from town and about 10 minutes from Jonny's work. I figured it was just too perfect. There must be a huge hole in the roof or something. I went out to see the place and it is perfect. I loved talking with the owner. Her big concern is that it is kept up and used. If we wanted to rent out the horse stalls or sell the hay that is fine with her. We can even use her tractor when we want to. She and her husband were planning on moving there when they sold their 20 acre farm. They have horses, and I guess this place is better for that. But their buyer fell through, so they were going to continue to live at the 20 acre farm and rent this one out. She was excited to find someone who "thought the same way she did" even though I am only a want-to-be farm girl. I emailed pictures to Jonny, got all of our questions answered. It was ours....until....

They found a buyer for their 20 acre farm, so they will be moving to MINE!! They are not positive it will go through, but they didn't want to keep us hanging. Oh, I am crushed. I was ready to buy my milk cow, a pig next spring, and get more chickens. We could practice on someone else's place so that we would know better what we wanted and what we didn't when the time came to get our own.

So it was too good to be true, but only after I knew it was perfect. Now what ever I find will be inferior. I know this is leading us somewhere, I wonder where that somewhere is?

2 comments:

  1. Darn! Darn! Darn! Darn! oh and Darn!

    I wanted to live vicariously through you!

    Love ya, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete