Wednesday, October 7, 2009

We have a house

Well, we got our house. I wish I wasn't quite so grumpy about it. (I just need to get settled.) I'll gripe a bit and then I can look at all the blessings that are being poured out on us. We were going to be able to keep the chickens until someone decided to check the ccr's: No Poultry. We thought about smuggling them, but we left them with the Rowells. Naturally we didn't get the final word till this morning as Jonny is ready to pull out. Dropping them off set him back a bit. Then I forgot about renting and the no trampoline rule. AARRGGGHHHH!!!!! At least we don't have a piano yet. If I had finally managed to get a piano and then had to leave that behind I would be furious. But the trampoline will stay at Mom and Dad's house so the kids will have something fun there. I was hoping for a 6 month lease, but they only do 1 year leases. We just ran out of time.

But I think the house will be good. I'm not sure how we will arrange things, but I do like it. I talked with the bishop today and found out what ward we are in. He is going to try and get some unloading help for us. We found the marina and walked the docks. It feels good to be back around salt water, tides, and sail boats. It looks as though I can buy local fresh free range eggs, local beef and local produce. I need to find a local dairy for fresh milk. I am excited. I do think this will be a good learning/growing experience.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to hear a bit less griping out of you. You live on an island in the Puget Sound. That's not quite the ninth circle of Hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I can grip for a paraghraph. Like I said, I just had to get it out of my system. Now I am good. So you can quit griping about my griping. :-)

    ReplyDelete