Monday, November 23, 2009

16 Down, 10 to Go!

(plus the 12 week student teaching part)

If I didn't take any breaks at all, I could finish all my classes in the next 52 weeks, but that would be insane. Besides, in Washington, the winder semester doesn't start till the end of January, so I can take a few weeks off in the mean time. I still have more than half of my 100 observation hours left to do, and now that I moved away from my convenient babysitter (Grandpa Johnson) I have to start being creative. I could get it done real quick if I didn't have to worry about what to do with my kids. I asked around yesterday at church and hopefully found a few leads for people who might not mind watching four, mostly school age, children.

This last class was all about assessments. The tests in school and how teachers chose to score them seemed to be a mystery to me in school. Now I feel like I have had a glimpse into the forbidden other side and see that there is some rational for the many approaches. I definitely have a couple of preferences.

Tomorrow I begin "Introduction to the Exceptional Child" (special education, gifted, at risk, culturally and linguistically diverse)

No comments:

Post a Comment