Monday, December 28, 2009

Inspiration ?!?

Steven received a copy of The Diary of a Wimpy Kid for Christmas. Sage stole it and read quite a bit of it laughing along the way. Of course that is the perfect way to get someone motivated to read a book (generally, curiosity will inspire an observer to read the book and find out what is so funny). I read some of it too. Unfortunately I did not find it funny at all; most of the humor comes from unjust parents and an unfair school system, and I just get frustrated with both.

But Steven has been going through it. Today he found his Journal and began writing in it. Now I have been trying to encourage him to do this for MONTHS. Then all of the sudden, this silly book does what I have been unsuccessful in doing.

Go figure! Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment