I am simply amazed and humbled by the sweet generosity of people. A few weeks ago a gentleman from the ward approached me and asked if I would have my children write a Christmas wish list. He said that he liked to do "something special" for the primary children at the ward Christmas party. I was curious and stunned. What could he possible do with a wish list from all the primary families in the ward. He couldn't possible intend to fill ALL those wishes ... could he? Well, the ward Christmas party came and went. It was a wonderful event, but nothing "special." The brother was not even in attendance.
But tonight the doorbell rang. Two boxes of packages were sitting all forlorn out in the darkness. Some of these packages looked suspiciously like the items on the list. Accompanying the packages were gift receipts, and two gift cards, one for Safeway and another for Walmart with a note that said "for stocking stuffers."
What a wonderful blessing! Money is so tight this year with the move and still trying to find a renter for the Lakeside house. We would have been OK. But this is definitely going to help.
I am not nearly so kind or generous. Even if I had the money, would it even occur to me to obtain a list, do the shopping, wrapping, and delivering? Would I even think of passing out $20 bills? This would be great too and a lot less stress on me, but to go to these lengths? I do not have the means of doing something like this for others, but I can be a lot more generous with what I do have. I have been humbled.
No comments:
Post a Comment