Oh, my goodness. I am in shock.
When we were debating whether or not to take this Washington job, one of the big considerations was if Washington would recognize the University of Phoenix Education degree program. I was assured that it would.
This morning I received a call from my education counselor at University of Phoenix. Yes, Washington does recognize the Masters Education program but not the Bachelors Education program. I can either switch to a major other than education, move back to Arizona for the next 15 months, or transfer my credits to a Washington school. A different degree major makes no sense at this point; it sure wouldn't save me any time. I do not like the idea of leaving my family for a year. So I will have to transfer to a Washington school. Either way I am done for now.
I will try to appeal, but I am told there is no one to appeal to. I do want to make sure of all of this though before I just accept it. Though I am not holding out a lot of hope.
I just received a hefty financial aid check and paid off our moving expenses on the credit card. I'll have to figure out how to get that back. That will be a huge headache. Maybe our tax refund will cover that.
Now What?!?
ooh nooooooo!!
ReplyDeleteso frustrating!
Good luck, I'm sure you can figure out a solution other than those posed for you. Keep calling people.