My second batch of bread turned out much better. I am used to mixing my bread for 10 minutes in the Bosch. But, apparently when you use sprouted wheat breads, no more than 2 minutes in the Bosch is necessary. The dough breaks down if you mix longer than that. That explains why my first batch was so heavy.
My biggest goal for the week was to make sure than I had veggies or salad with every evening meal. I love salads, but Jonny has never been a big fan: "rabbit food." Since they take extra time and thought and I have not received a lot of encouragement, I have largely omitted them. Silly, I know, but I am trying to do better. The funny part is that Jonny has finally come around to realizing that if he doesn't eat veggies every day, he feels worse.
I have tried some new recipes. Her desserts are very good. Steven says that these are the best chocolate chip cookies I have made. (He is becoming quite to food critique. I don't know if that is a good thing.) I loved the creamy mushroom rice and the Mexican rice. Today I made an old standby to provide a break from new things.
Overall I like the changes that I am making. I do feel better.
No comments:
Post a Comment