The appeal process takes about 4-5 weeks. By then I will not have enough time to complete my classes before the winter 2011 semester starts, so I will not be able to do my student teaching until the next fall. So what ever happens, my May 2011 graduation date will not happen.
I had a good birthday though. We went to the Cub Scout Blue and Gold dinner and had wonderful food that I did not have to cook. I did have to live through some cub scout skits though. Not the best floor show, but all in all, a good evening.
I have enjoyed my break so far. For some time now, I have had this nagging feeling that I need to improve my health and nutrition. About four years ago I came across the School of Natural Healing founded by Dr. Christopher. I was very tempted to enroll in their Master Herbalist's program. Dr. Christopher's own story is very compelling and he spent his life developing herbal formulas and teaching others. I do believe he was inspired. This was when I first read about the mucusless diet. This diet avoided foods that caused mucus in the body that causes disease. For example, wheat is very healthful, but when you turn it into flour and back it at a high temperature, all of the good stuff is killed and the chemical composition of the wheat becomes mucus producing. If on the other hand, you soak the wheat berries and cook them at a temperature below 130 degrees, the wheat is still alive; It will still grow. But Dr. Christopher's guidelines were very vague and I didn't know how to really do it. I found other sources for healthful food not quite as extreme as Dr Christopher's but better than what I was doing.
But that nagging feeling was coming back. I am beyond thinking that I stumble onto things. I firmly believe I am lead to sources of knowledge that I need at the right time. A couple of weeks ago, I began to look for recipes for the mucusless diet. I was not having a lot of success until I found Traci Seller's website. She was faced with health issues and needed to make the mucusless diet work for her. She too was faced with the limited information that Dr Christopher had given and decided to not only figure out how to live the diet, but to make it taste good. I have been reading her book and learning so much. I know this is what I am needing right now and Jonny is even not too opposed to the changes. I will go slow though. I have been sharing some of what I have been learning with Steven too an he is getting into it. He got so excited when I told him about all of the desserts in the cookbook. I had to laugh.
Anyway, I am keeping myself busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment