On Tuesday a few ladies in the ward had a baby shower for me. I really didn't need anything. I have become more of a minimalist than I use to be. So what we finally decided to do was to have everyone bring a frozen dinner instead of a typical gift. It turned out pretty well. I definitely need more freezer space!!!
I went to see my midwife on Wednesday. So as of that day, I was about 75% effaced and dilated to about 3 cm. So at least something is happening. Today I am having contractions, but nothing regular yet.
We decided not to go to the Armed Forces Day parade in Bremerton tomorrow. I would really like to, but I don't want to be that far away from home or have Jonny that far away from me. So we will all stay home. Chances are that in another week we will still be waiting though. Steven has been begging to go sailing and since the weather is fabulous, they just might go out for a while tomorrow.
I'll keep you posted.
Reading your post today made me sad. I know exactly what it feels like to not have Mom around to bounce things off of. No one loves you or understands you like your Mom. I can't imagine how hard it is for you to watch her go away little by little.
ReplyDeleteI know you do. I know you have made similar comments (of missing your mom and how she should really be around) in the past and honestly until recently, I never really comprehended.
ReplyDeleteYes, but I didn't really have to watch it happen on the outside. She was really healthy until the last couple of months, and was always completely coherent. Well, as coherent as she typically was. ;) I think it's harder when you have to watch your parent deteriorate. I'm so sad for you, she's such a doll.
ReplyDelete