Student teaching can happen one of 2 times during the year, September of January.
Well, in my weekly talk with my WGU advisor last week, he decided to totally stress me out. Not intentionally, of course, but it doesn't take much anymore. He said that I am doing well enough, that he really thinks I could be ready for my student teaching NEXT SEPTEMBER, if I want to try for it. Well, I love the idea of being done that soon. But I am not as convinced as he is. Granted, he knows better than I do what is required, so maybe it is possible.
But now I have to figure out what I am going to do with my kids again. Sage was going to come last time, but now she has made other college plans and I don't know if they will be adaptable or not, or if she will still want to. Oh and there is the hours I will have to spend in the classroom before that to get my other observations and assignments in.
Oh, I do not do well under pressure. I cannot procrastinate or I just lose sleep worrying. We will likely have to move next spring, we wanted to take a trip to CA and AZ, and Jonny is already spending tons of time with scouting. I'm sure I could do it if I wasn't also homeschooling, but that is more important. Jonny calmed me down and assured me I didn't have to rush to meet any deadlines; it's not like I have to hurry and get a job that much sooner.
When I talked to adviser guy today, he said the same thing. There won't be any penalty for trying for September and not making it and then just going for January. Either outcome is way sooner than I had hoped. So even if I finish everything up at the end of September and have to wait until January, I have decided to be OK with that. Funny how I have to talk myself into that. I am just a Gotta-have-it-all-planned-out sort of person. It is hard to go with the flow on something like this. I wonder why. For a lot of things I am very laid back, but not when you give me a deadline, then I have to do it.
So I am not going to push for September. I am going to go at my regular pace and just see what happens. I know there is an answer about child care when the time comes. I have no idea what that answer is, but I know it will present itself. Now that right there is a huge growing up I have done. Last year at this time I was really worried about what I was going to do with them. I was losing sleep over it and everything. So I think I have gained a little bit of faith, wisdom, and patience in the last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment