I know, I am way behind. Let's see if I can catch up. OK, Mom died on Oct 18. Of course we expected this and I was grateful that it finally came. But I still walked around kind of out of it for a few days. Then all the kids got colds and I was up all night for several days with a baby and at least one kid at a time that wasn't sleeping. Hence I was not sleeping. Come Saturday I was not a very pleasant person to be around. I needed to kick everyone out of the house anyway so that I could take a test, so Jonny left a few hours early and said, "call us when you want us back." He is so good to me. I took my test, and called them with an the all clear, and I took a nap. It still took several days for my sleep to catch up.
Steven wanted to be a Obi-Wan Kenobi for Halloween. He found some good pants and a karate uniform that looked great. But he also wanted the robe. I do not have a working sewing machine, but he didn't care, he sewed it by hand. I helped guide him and did some of it, but he did most of it while we listened to a librivox recording of Treasure Island. It turned out pretty good. I didn't get pictures, cuz well, it's me and I always think of it after. I will see if I can get them all to dress up again and do a picture. We went to the trunk or treat - carnival - chili cook-off. A trunk or treat is when we go to the church parking lot, people decorate their cars and hand out candy to the kids going from car to car. It is safer and quicker, but it ends up being a lot of candy for very little work.
Mom's funeral was the 5th. It was a long time to wait for closure, but we needed the time so that everyone could come from the 4 corners of the world to make it. I went down and help dress Mom for the burial. I actually was grateful for the opportunity. Not that I would like to do that all the time, but I was glad I could perform that service for her. The funeral was good even though I had to speak. The service was in the morning in Shoreline, and then we traveled to Bremerton for the burial. That was followed by a reception at the Bremerton church building. We were able to see all sorts of people we hadn't seen in years. Actually, quite enjoyable.
This last week I was finishing up an assignment for my literature class. That is all of my prerequisites. As soon as I pass this assignment I will have finished 21 credits so far this term and I am only a little more than half way through. YAY!!! Now I can get back to the education classes. My advisor said that most people go slower through the pre-reqs and then accelerate through the education classes. It is unusual for people to make the progress that I have. So I should probably feel pretty good about my progress.
Jonny is the new scout master. He figures that this will be his job for the next 18 years until Joshua get's he Eagle. The man who called him felt the need to assure me (multiple times) that even though it will be time away from my family, we will be blessed. I had thought about the Wednesday activity nights gone, but I hadn't thought about the monthly camping trips and other trainings it would be. So our Wednesday's are crazy right now. Steven has 11year old scouts from 4:30-6. Isaac has Cub Scouts from 6:00-7. and Jonny's is 7:00 to 8:00. AAHHH (blessings, blessings, blessings). Actually I am kind of happy about it. I do think that good things will come of this and I am excited to watch the results.
Well I am sure I forgot things and I didn't even add any pictures. But I am kind of tired of staring at a computer so I'll chat later.
Flora,
ReplyDeleteit was so good to see you last week, your kids all looked so grown up! We have Sage here with us this weekend...I love her! You need to come visit us again too!
Julie
It was so good to see you and all our Bremerton friends. But there still wasn't a lot of time to visit and catch up. Bremerton is so close, but still far away. A 3-hour, 1-way drive just doesn't fit in the day very often. We do need to visit again!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for telling a little about your Mom's funeral. I was wondering how it went. You're brave to speak.
ReplyDeleteAnd HOORAY for doing your classes so quickly. Who knew when this whole mess started that it'd turn out so well?