My main purpose in posting this is so that I will have it handy.
I really like the story of Peter and the Wolf. One, I like Russian music, but I love how Prokofiev tells the story musically. I enjoy the musical conversations. I'm not fond of the fact that Peter ignore his Grandfather's warning, but the rest is great.
Well several years ago I found this copy of the story in book form by Vladimir Vagin at the library. I think I have mentioned before that I am rather particular in my art appreciation. I love Vladimir Vagin's art work. It is beautiful and I am always amazed a the detail. We checked it out from the library so many times it was laughable. I finally bought it. It is one of the kids's most asked for books at reading time. At the end of the book, Vagin included the musical themes of each character, and I always have to sing those too. So they know the story, they are familiar with the toons, but they don't get to hear the whole thing very often. Hence this link with Leonard Berstein and the New York Philharmonic.
oh! One of my all time favorites.
ReplyDeleteJenn