Sunday, March 27, 2011

SLOW DOWN

I finally broke. Last Sunday I collapsed into a crazy, stressed-out mess of uselessness - The closest thing I have ever come to a real emotional breakdown. I'm not sleeping; I'm depressed and overwhelmed; I am constantly getting sick. I'm not eating right or exercising; I'm not even reading my scriptures. I keep thinking it will get better as spring comes, and after I get these few classes done and get my application for my student teaching turned in. I can make it, but I can't let up; I have to keep going at the same pace (or just a tad faster). But I just cant push anymore. I'm snappy to the kids and way too impatient - it's not their fault, and they don't understand why I'm acting this way. I'm neglecting their education. I am on the verge of tears most of the time. If I keep this up for another year, I will ruin my family, or at least severely harm our relationships. So Jonny and I have decided to push back my graduation date another term; from May '12 to Dec '12. So this past week I tried to catch up on my sleep; not an easy thing to do when you are used to not sleeping. But I already feel better; the weight is lightened. I like the idea of being done with school in a year, but not at the cost. My gut tells me that I can't afford to neglect my health for another year. I feel as though I have been going at a turtle's pace already; well now it will be a snail's pace. But I will finish. There are more things I need to say no to and get them off my queue. I need to make sure I am teaching my kids the right lessons.

1 comment:

  1. Wise choice. I did a lot of my schooling one class at a time and took a semester off when I needed to. Your health, relationships and kids have to come first, no degree can make up for any of that.

    ReplyDelete