Jonny accepted a job on Whidbey Island (Oak Harbor) in Washington. Assuming that he has no problems with gaining security clearance for the Dept of Navy we will be moving this fall. He has had clearance before when he worked at the shipyard in Bremerton so we don't expect any problems now.
I am so excited, I am going home! But Arizona has been good to us. Jonny's family is here and we have wonderful friends; it will be hard to leave. Jonny's best friend is here and that is a friendship that is... I don't even know how to describe it- words don't do it justice. A person can go his whole life and not have a friendship like this one. I have never connected with a group of women like the ones in my homeschool group; it is truly unique. We have similar interests: economics, government, preparedness, self-reliance, oh yes, and education. We each felt alone and out of place before we found each other. Now we teach, inspire, and edify each other. We have never bickered. We have differences of opinion and religion, and we debate about issues, but it is always with a spirit of love. It really is the kind of associations that all friendships should be. We have never even had any fights among our children. It is almost magical. I will miss these women terribly. Jonny's Dad isn't going to understand. Steven's best friends are his cousins; that will be hard. Even the ward has been so good to us. I have grown and stretched; sometimes painfully, but for the better. I am a better person for my 5 Arizona years.
But we both feel good about this. Jonny will be given a start date after he has clearance in about 3 weeks. We don't know if he will then have 1 week or 4. If he has longer we will all move up together, if he has shorter, he will go up, stay with family and we will follow probably at Christmas. We will try to sell the house; if it doesn't go we will try to rent it. I would rather not have a house to worry about.
The close of this chapter will be hard, but I am looking forward to the next chapter.
(insert photo of Pooh here crying in a heap on the floor)
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! You get to live in the Olympic rain shadow.
ReplyDelete