Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Jonny

Well, yesterday actually. We all made him a cake while he was at work. Rebecca did some last minute decorating after it was done, evidenced by the finger prints and missing frosting. We made Navajo Tacos, one of Jonny's favorite foods. I don't do it often just because I don't like to fry. But I make fry bread for Jonny's birthday and for New Years Day- at least that has been the tradition lately. I have discovered that if I use coconut oil, it is much better. Coconut oil is somewhat sweet and has a higher smoking temperature so the house doesn't smell smoky for the next two days. After dinner, we watched the new Journey to the Center of the Earth movie. It was much better than I thought it would be; I liked it. All in all, a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment